It is far from unusual for people to sign up for banks for cash back bonuses. Some can gain you even $100 or more. Just like credit cards, many banks offer killer cash back bonuses just for signing up. If you meet a few requirements you could earn up to $400 just for signing up. Here are a few banks that give you these crazy rewards and what you have to do to earn them.
For first-time customers TD Bank, you can sign up for a checking account and earn anywhere from $150-300. You can even sign up online for a Premier Checking account. If you deposit at least $2,500 within the first 60 days you can earn a $300 bonus.
[ BUTTONS kw1=”Credit Cards for Bad Credit” kw2=”Checking Accounts” kw3=”Credit Repair” kw4=”Mobile Banking”]
Suntrust offers one of the best incentives of any bank, up to $500 for signing up. To get the bonus you have to open a Signature Advantage account and have $2,000 at least in direct deposits within two months. You can also do a Select Checking account which will come with fewer restrictions, such as just $1,000 in deposits in two months, and you’ll get a $250 bonus. You do have to be a new bank account holder to receive these bonuses.
Want up to $350 for free? Then sign up for a Dual Total Checking and Savings account. Deposit at least $25 into checking and $10,000 into the savings account to get a $350 bonus. Your savings deposit must stay in the account for at least 90 days to qualify.
Elements Financial Bank
An Indiana-based credit union is offering a $200 bonus to new members who open a high interest checking account and enter a promotional code (CHECK200). To qualify for the bonus you must:
- Join the credit union.
- Set up a recurring direct deposit of at least $500 within 60 days.
If you meet additional requirements, the high interest checking account pays 2 percent APY on balances of up to $20,000. Anyone nationwide can join Elements Financial by becoming a member of Tru Direction and paying a $5 membership fee. The credit union earned four out of five stars in the latest review of its financial health.
Earn $225 from Santander Bank. The offer expires Dec. 31. You can open a new checking account online or in a branch. To get the bonus, you must:
- Register online to receive a promotional code via email.
- Have direct deposits of $1,000 or more made into the account within the first 90 days.
- Keep your account open for 90 days.
The offer is only available to residents in eight Northeastern states, including New York, New Jersey and New Hampshire.
Santander Bank is based in Wilmington, Delaware. It earned four out of five stars in the latest review of its financial health.
Visit a branch or go online to open a virtual wallet. If you make 10 debit card purchases and receive a direct deposit within 60 days (and you’re not an existing consumer checking account customer or someone who’s closed their account within the past 90 days), you could qualify for one of the following bonuses:
- $50 bonus for receiving a $500 direct deposit and opening a virtual wallet.
- $200 bonus for receiving a $2,000 direct deposit and opening a virtual wallet with Performance Spend.
- $300 bonus for receiving a $5,000 direct deposit and opening a virtual wallet with Performance Select.
The offers expire Dec. 31. To qualify, you must live in the District of Columbia and one of 19 states, including Delaware, Pennsylvania, New Jersey and New York.
PNC is based in Wilmington, Delaware and earned four out of five stars in Bank rate’s review of its financial health.
Wells Fargo Bank
Earn $250 when you open an Everyday Checking account online or in a branch by Dec. 31. To qualify you must:
- Not be the owner of a Wells Fargo consumer checking account or the recipient of a bonus within the past 12 months.
- Deposit $25.
- To receive a $150 bonus, have at least $500 deposited directly into your new checking account within 60 days.
- To receive an extra $100 bonus, continue receiving qualifying direct deposits for the next five consecutive months equal to at least $500 each month.
Enter your zip code on the promotional page to see if you qualify for the offer. The bank, which is based in San Francisco, earned five out of five stars in Bank rate’s latest review of its financial health.
Whenever you’re signing up for a new checking or savings account for sign up bonuses, be sure to read the fine print and all the requirements. Some of them come with “gotcha fees” so be aware of that going into the sign up. Do your homework and start earning big today!